1. Ellis County Courthouse and Museum. One of the things you’ll immediately notice about Waxahachie is its ornate buildings. The courthouse is no exception. Italian stone carvers were brought in to work on the pink granite and pink sandstone. Its façade is a definite work of art in itself and if you visit, you definitely should see the structure. There also is the equally impressive museum. It is small but holds a rich history of the area. If you're a Civil War buff or looking to learn more about history, the Museum of Ellis County is a perfect starting place.
2. Chautauqua Auditorium. This is a premier auditorium that hosts everything from high school graduations to shows to big band concerts. If you are looking for something to do, definitely check the schedule. Likely you’ll have some entertaining activity at the location every weekend. It’s also a great way to truly get involved in the culture of Waxahachie first-hand.
3. Gingerbread Antiques. What better way to see the culture than to go antiquing? At Gingerbread you’ll find a quaint little shop that offers some unique and beautiful pieces. Whether you're looking for old toys or clothing, you’ll likely be able to track it down here. It’s the perfect shop to check back with often because of the new arrivals it consistently works into its shelves. Any antiquer should definitely make time for a visit or two to Gingerbread Antiquest.
4. Waxahachie Ghost Tours. What visit would be complete without a ghost tour? The old buildings are always discussed with a reverence due to the possible specters invading the hallways. You can participate in the tours to see first-hand if you can see any ghostly figures peering out windows or handing out in stairwells. Even if you don’t see ghosts though, you’ll get a fantastic tour of the city and learn something about its history.
5. Texas Musicians’ Museum. This is a place for fun on Friday and Saturday nights. They have some great museum pieces along with great food at Smokin’ Joe’s Place. Plus, you can stay for the entertainment and enjoy the signature beer, margarita, wine or bellini’s. Check out the calendar to see exactly what is happening and then enjoy!
6. Webb Gallery. This is another fantastic attraction in Waxahachie. You’ll love browsing through the artwork here—some is modern, some is outrageous and some is plain bazaar. If you like diversity and self-expression, this is the place to see it!
Regardless of what you're looking for, when you visit Waxahachie you'll find something to love. Venture through the city and take in the sights. Explore and be adventurous. You likely will want to return once you see all this town has to offer.